Sunday, April 3, 2011

Great spring and summer reading

I attended my first conference as a librarian yesterday.....oh what fun. One of the sessions I attended was on the Middle School nominees for next school year's Virginia Readers Choice nominees. All ten books sound FANTASTIC! I cannot wait to get reading them.

Ten books are nominated in Primary, Elementary, Middle and High School categories. All books must be 1. Current -- published in the last five years and 2. Noteworthy in the world of Children's or Young Adult literature.

Follow this link to all the lists of books, print it out and keep it handy for Scholastic book orders or visits to a library or book store.

http://www.vsra.org/VRCindex.html

These are all great books to pick up for spring and summer reading.

This week, students in the library where I work will vote on this year's VRC nominees. I look forward to seeing what book they think is the best for Middle School students in the state of Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friendly, positive comments and feedback are always welcome here. Please let me know I'm not just whistling in the dark!