Thank you to Molly for this beautiful Poetry Swap package! Have I told you all how much I enjoy Poetry Swap? It's so much fun.
|Molly's poem, in conversation with Ron Finley. Poetry Swap 2020|
We are halfway through this year of writing opportunities. How's it going for you?
As usual, I have some good lines annnnnnnd some clunkers.
I'm offering you as many of my clunker lines as you would like to tinker with in exchange for one of your clunkers. Your clunker might be a pot-of-gold for me! Please drop your donated clunker in one of the comments below. I'd love to know what line you are taking from me. But, it's not necessary.
Thank you, to Ruth at http://thereisnosuchthingasagodforsakentown.blogspot.com/
for hosting this week's poetry Round-up.
(TAKE SOME - GIVE SOME - MAKE THEM WORK)
1. Flinging off starlight and dew
2. those plastic cups in the cupboard
3. the wish is the thing
4. I had an advantage, being the eldest of the pack
5. kid sisters…cannon fodder for whatever little battle we could dream up.
6. Heather Taylor walked into the third floor bathroom as I was cleaning dog shit off my shoes
7. The thing about Gracie de Beers.
8. Towels around our necks as superhero capes.
9. The pure dark, dark blue of jealousy
10. I couldn’t understand then the slippery walls that had to be climbed to get up and out.
11. Insecurity is a scar I carry with me and it weeps when the jealousy hits.
12. The privilege of making plans
13. Sounds of the pandemic
14. smiled more today
15. a script we know by heart
16. bit of comedic karma
17. My mother had a basset hound named Otto.
18. I was tiptoeing along the side toward the deep end.
19. The path was the woods of home.
20. He had one job—to be loud like he normally is at home when he saw a wave coming.
21. Walking in the creek in the sunshine.
22. Slow green river giving
23. Thank you, Covid-19 for
24. Friends bring friends water
25. Writing about water is weird
26. Once upon a time, Rain was just water
27. Water from Home tastes best
28. Success is scoring a case of water these days
29. Coffee is chocolate diamond water
30. Water by Design
31. Water is Creative in surprising ways
32. Read the water signs
33. Not enough water to take the edge off that Guacamole
34. Water is the purest form of Sincerity
35. Freedom to water the lawn, at last
36. Trust water to do the job
37. Thanks be to water
38. God is afraid of water
39. Serendipity looks like a mud puddle
40. Books about water were dripping wet
41. Not enough money to buy water