I can see the finish line! Just two more days of new poems and I will have met my goal. Woooo Hooo!
Head on over to Teaching Authors for this week's Poetry Friday Round-Up.
Ten Self-Doubts During National Poetry Month:
1. I can't do this
2. This poem is stupid
3. My public posts look needy...silly and/or self-conceited
4. OMG! I don't have a poem for tomorrow!
5. I should really stick to my day job. I'm terrible at this
6. So what if I miss a day? Nobody's gonna care
7. What if Rhymezone can't save this one?
8. I love my thesaurus so much I could marry it!
9. I'm tired.....can't be creative when I'm tired
10. Why am I doing this again?
But guess what Self-Doubt? You didn't win! I have beat you.
Sunday, April 30th....the big ta-DA! If you can find it (tee hee). A Poem of Address after Irene Latham's invitation on Michelle H. Barn's Today's Little Ditty interview in 2014.
Saturday, April 29
Thursday, April 27 Michelle Barns & Kwame Alexander challenged us to a Clerihew at Today's Little Ditty back in 2015.
Wednesday, April 26, 2017
This golden shovel poem was inspired by the photo paired with it. The child in the photo is Randi and she attends school with the generous sponsorship of folks who have never met her but care about a little girl in Uganda going to school. If you'd like to see more photos of Randi you can at this link: http://online.flipbuilder.com/hnqu/givr/mobile/index.html#p=1
A Letter Poem. Another inspiration from Michelle Barns' poetry blog, Today's Little Ditty.
Photo credit: Ibrahim Najjar." Ibrahim Najjar - Sand River - Mara Kenya July 2015. N.p., July 2015. Web
Another Reverso after the form invented by Marilyn Singer that she calls, Reverso.