Thursday, April 2, 2020

Spiritual Thursday 4/2/20

Spiritual Thursday is a once a month writing reflection on matters that connect our spirit with others. 

When my Mom passed I grieved in countless unexpected ways.  My continuous thought...I thought we had more time.

After the funeral, I came across her kitchen bulletin board. It was full of grandchildren photos and drawings, measurement conversions, phone numbers and this from The Abbey of the Genesee that's located close to where I grew up.

Thought for the Day

This is the beginning of a new day. God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or use it for good. What I do today is important because I'm exchanging a day of my life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever. leaving in its place something I have traded for it. I want it to be gain, not loss, good, not evil; success, not failure, in order that I shall not regret the price I paid for it.





image: Linda Mitchell
I appreciate this prayer from our brothers of the Abbey. Reading their words that my Mom felt were important for her from them...extended my time a bit with her and each time I read this prayer.

Poetry-master and all-around-sweetie, Donna Smith is graciously hosting a Spiritual Thursday Round-up. Please stop in and say hello to her at: mainleywrite.

5 comments:

  1. Linda: Thank you for this lovely thought and prayer. We never know how much time we have, or what we leave behind that might touch someone else. I am so grateful for your sharing, and that you have that extra time with your mom. Thanks again, and please find me at: https://kceastlund.blogspot.com/2020/04/spiritual-journey-solace-during.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meant to mention your beautiful lake image also... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This prayer touches me in a few ways; one, that your mother saved it and now you read it, and two, we are given each day as a gift. It is ours to do what we will, for better or worse. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that I retraced my steps. I did write a response but who knows where the gremlins took it. Backtracking: The prayer's words touched my heart and gave me a goal for today, Linda: "I want it (this day) to be gain, not loss, good, not evil; success, not failure." If we can do this each day, we will be able to gather strength to get through Quarantine Life. I think the digital above is gorgeous and moves me to ask this question. Will you write a poem for this for #NatureNurtures2020 to accompany this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really good. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Friendly, positive comments and feedback are always welcome here. Please let me know I'm not just whistling in the dark!