Wednesday, August 4, 2021

August Spiritual Thursday

It's August --Wow!

These weeks of summer have been sweet. I'm now preparing a middle school library for real, live students. There are new books, re-arranged furniture for cozy reading and I am ready for in-person work.

Early in 2021 when Margaret set up the schedule for Spiritual Thursday I typed in the word respect for this month. I probably had some reason for respect but I can't remember what it was (I no idea the movie was coming out this month)!

What a puzzle...how to pull those two words together? 

But, this summer I've rested and it has been good. I have respected my spirit.



July to August 
Come unto me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matt 11:28

Sacred my rest 
peace everyday 
inviting soul to solace 
renewing purpose 
I thank my creator. 
Time to renew is a treasure.

(c) Linda Mitchell 8/1/21

I look forward to seeing your response to this month's prompt. Please leave your link in the comments below. I'll summarize a link list.

Carol's thoughtful post on respect and relationship
Denise's provocative idea of walking with people instead of...
Margaret on the last day of break
Fran with a beautiful connected post
Ruth returned to Haiti minus suitcases has wisdom
Karen with what respect is
Ramona with a fabulous and different take on respect
Chris who I think is singing my song

One of my favorite places to rest...rolling hills of western, New York State photo: LM 7/4/21


8 comments:

  1. Linda, I like how you added a scripture verse to bring us into some quiet time. While not remembering why your chose respect as our topic, I think you did a wonderful job of leading us to reflect on the word. Your photo of NYS is so peaceful and makes me think of the country roads. Your acrostic poem works so well with the prompt that I am wondering which came first. Both are wonderful and so I shall ask you: would you like to merge those two together and offer an image poem for my next gallery, Nurturing Our Summer Souls? My offering on respect is at my blog, Beyond LiteracyLink: https://beyondliteracylink.blogspot.com/2021/08/respect.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, your double acrostic is lovely. Some of the key phrases for me are "sacred my rest" and "inviting my soul to solace" and "I thank my creator." Beautiful! I had seen the "respect" idea earlier, and didn't know what to write. I was glad to see your wondering about it later, but I love the respect for your soul you were able to have this summer. Matthew 11:28 is a favorite of mine.

    I also did a double poem: a golden shovel like you did with my clunker line a couple of weeks ago.

    Thanks for hosting, Linda: https://mrsdkrebs.edublogs.org/2021/08/04/spiritual-journey-thursday-respect/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I said I wasn't going to write, but the muse had another idea this morning. Thanks for hosting and reminding me to be respectful to myself. https://reflectionsontheteche.com/2021/08/05/spiritual-thursday-respect/

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Respecting my spirit" - so deeply reflective and wise, Linda.The word "solace" jumps out at me like a lifeline. Even more so, "renewing purpose." We need the time to rest and renew spiritually as much as physically... and to consider what it is we are to be and to do, not so much with a vision of who we are but WHOSE we are. Beautiful poem of faith.

    Now for true confession: I somehow got the themes for August and September confused. Instead of writing around "respect," I wrote around "What is virtue?" I considered saving and rewriting, but at the last, I let it go anyway. Begging forgiveness and many thanks to you for hosting today!
    https://litbitsandpieces.com/2021/08/05/what-is-virtue/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting, Linda, and for your beautiful words on a restful summer. Here's my post! https://thereisnosuchthingasagodforsakentown.blogspot.com/2021/08/spiritual-journey-thursday-and-poetry.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda: Thank you for reminding us of the importance of respecting our "sabbath time." Rest is holy! Thanks for hosting today...here is my link: https://kceastlund.blogspot.com/2021/08/respect.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting, Linda. I absolutely loved your double acrostic. Time to renew is truly a treasure and especially after the past year. I salute all my educator friends and wish you peace and renewed purpose as you head back to school.
    I went in a different direction than I expected by writing about my journey to respect my body. Here's my link - https://pleasuresfromthepage.blogspot.com/2021/08/spiritual-journey-thursday-respect.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to reflect a bit on this juxtaposition of "respect" and "spirit". Here's my current take: https://horizon51.blogspot.com/2021/08/respecting-my-spirit-spiritual-journey.html

    ReplyDelete

Friendly, positive comments and feedback are always welcome here. Please let me know I'm not just whistling in the dark!