Thursday, December 21, 2023

Celebrate!

Oh, my goodness...WORD and I are sitting with feet up enjoying a cozy cuppa as we wind down the final days of 2023.

There is never enough writing time or time to think about writing. This year was no exception. But, we've done what we could.

I am delighted to share gifts received from Carol Labuzzetta in our recent Winter Poetry Swap. Thank you, Tabatha, for keeping this tradition. I so appreciate your organization of this annual event.

Pretty, pretty jewelry from Carol looks nice with my winter scarf & mittens


What a beautiful poem...if I can live up to these words in 2024
I will be satisfied. Carol inspires me --her jewelry matches the poem!


Isn't Carol's handmade jewelry exquisite? Her time, attention to detail, and word choice are much, much appreciated. I am always glad for a mentor text that I see in this poem. Thank you, Carol. I enjoy the sparkly necklace, earrings, and poem immensely.

Next Friday, I'll be traveling. I'll probably skip posting. However, I have WORD #51 and #52 on the padlet. It has been quite a journey for WORD and me. We began 2023 as strangers but are now besties.

WORD has given me permission to let go and choose a new O-L-W for 2024. I'll introduce it in early January. 

For now, poetry friends, thank you for your friendship. Thank you for all the beautiful words of 2023. Keep healthy, safe, and strong until we meet in 2024.

Thank you, Jone, for hosting our Poetry Friday round-up this weekend. 

12 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness, what a lovely gift from Carol! Her poem reminds me of Gretchen Rubin (I so enjoy her "Happier" podcast) choosing the word "Wave" for 2023. So many possible meanings and directions. Can't wait to find out what you chose for 2024. Happy Holidays and I hope you have a marvelous, relaxing, recharging break. ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Patricia— Carols WORD rings true: a wave, whether powerful and thundering or gently lapping—both form shorelines. Merry Christmas Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous post Linda with all your gratitude and Carols beautiful jewelry and lovely wave inspired poem— I’m enjoying her packaging too, and will check out her shop! Looking forward to your new OLW…Thanks for all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful gifts from Carol! I love the earrings and the wave of gratitude! Wishing you both happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this joyous post, Linda. May you have a happy and peaceful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gifts of words, gifts of delight in something handmade brings smiles every time. Carol's word and jewelry work is delightful. How does she squeeze all her creations in! Happy Christmas time, Linda, with all your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That jewelry is incredible. And a gazillion years ago, my mom knitted mittens just like those. Wishing you waves of peace in the new year. (Also, I replied to your question with a suggestion on my blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What gorgeous jewelry. And the poem have words that ring true to me about you. I can't wait to see your new word in 2024. Have a great couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carol's poem is so powerful and lovely. The mittens are full of cheer. Wishing you a wonder-filled Christmas and a healthy, happy 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much goodness from Carol! Her poem for you is spot on, Linda. Thanks for sharing your WORD journey all year...I look forward to your 2024 OLW, too. Enjoy your break! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carol's jewelry is so special and how wonderful all the warmth (mittens and verse) sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda, what a beautiful post of gratitude and love. The turquoise earrings and seahorse necklace are beautiful, and next to your red mittens are striking. I like how she thought of you when she wrote the poem, and I can see the truth in your important work of making waves. It's always fun to see what your OLW will be next!

    ReplyDelete

Friendly, positive comments and feedback are always welcome here. Please let me know I'm not just whistling in the dark!