Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Two tidbits

I'm in the middle of listening to a fabulous story written for grown ups.....loving these books on CD this summer. My four mile walk with my dog is so fun!

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society is a great read about life on the German occupied channel islands of England during WWII. The story is told through letters of members of the society. I really feel like I'm getting to know a town of people. Great read for adults....but there's nothing in it so far (I'm 3/4 through) that makes me think a YA reader wouldn't also enjoy the story. There is no content too disturbing or inappropriate for readers age 12 and up.

Shaffer, Mary Ann and Annie Barrows. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. New York: Random House. 2008. Audio.

Tidbit #2. There is a giveaway promotion for this newly published YA novel. If you like mysteries, "like" this author on facebook and click on the give away link in the left margin of his book's page to enter the giveaway contest. I did. Good luck!

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/mickeybolitar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friendly, positive comments and feedback are always welcome here. Please let me know I'm not just whistling in the dark!