Summertime is flying! Don't miss this week's round-up at Leap of Dave. Thank you, Dave, for hosting.
I'm between poetry projects and coming off a summer mostly away from my writing routine.
I'm returning to writing by writing in the style of other poets--to help me find my way back into my own groove. By now, I have a system worked out:
- In my digital notebook, I paste copies of poems found online during my browsing. These poems are found on facebook, twitter, instagram, and inbox subscriptions.
- I keep my notebook in a powerpoint slide show. I start a new slide deck each month. The first slide is a blank calendar. I mark it up with Poetry Friday hosts, monthly prompts, and challenges
- I scroll through collected items and write in a text box alongside a saved poem.
- By right-clicking on a slide in the preview pane, I can duplicate it so that I have an original and then an extra slide to mark up or play with or edit in some way
- Additionally, the "notes" tab at the bottom of each slide is a great place to paste a URL or notes about the source of what I've pasted.
- I have a folder labeled for this year's writing on my desktop. Each month's powerpoint is stored in the folder.