Hello Poets,
Inkling, Heidi at My Juicy Little Universe, invited us to write something suitable for the WE DO NOT CARE CLUB.
![]() |
| Heidi's invitation to write, June 2025 |
No problem, Heidi...This poem's got you, girl.
To see other Inkling responses to this invitation:
Mary Lee Hahn @ A(nother) Year of Reading
Catherine Flynn @ Reading to the Core
Molly Hogan @ Nix the Comfort Zone
Margaret Simon @ Reflections on the Teche
Heidi Mordhorst @ my juicy little universe
PS: Next Friday is my last day of the school year. I will be kicking up my heels in celebration with my annual clunker exchange. Can't wait! Watch this space Thursday evening for early posters.
![]() |
| Clunker Exchange on it's way! Last year's directions are here |
Thank you, Buffy Silverman for rounding up our poetry posts this weekend.



I'm glad this poem is running barefoot in the wet grass! Slipping and sliding and carefree. Good luck with the last week of school :) xo
ReplyDeleteE P I C ! Y A S S Q U E E N ! Linda, what a perfect take on the prompt from the poem's point of view! I love every word but especially the last several lines starting with "dance like Elaine..." I'm planning an Instagram post with my poems; can I include yours?
ReplyDeleteHa--this poem made me smile from ear to ear, whether it cared or not. Tell that poem of yours to keep running barefoot in the grass.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Melani. Stumbled across her in my feed a while back and I can't get enough of her. Your poem has officially been inducted into the We Do Not Care Club and is a queen!
ReplyDeleteYour poem is rocking this challenge! I’d love to hear you rap it out as a spoken word. It’s dancing like a queen and doesn’t even care if anyone is watching!
ReplyDeleteWonderful Linda, brilliant riffing tripping poem surging with croc power & after curfew cutting-up. A real jazzmaatazz razz! It should go into a collecgtion.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it liberating to say you don't give a damn about whatever? Not to care a flying flip? Love the spirit in your poem and wonder if it's inspired by the last day of school coming up and a few months of freedom. I hope you have a terrific summer.
ReplyDeleteOh. My. Heart.
ReplyDeleteThis Poem is such a perfect manifesto in the voice of the poem, who doesn't give a "flying flip" and who runs barefoot (yes, I see your word sneaking in there) and gets drunk on too many syllables.
I agree that we need a performance of this!
What a fun prompt!!! "SPLASH into a lake with a fake rake" had me ROFL!!
ReplyDeleteDoes this poem care that I LOVE it? :) So much fun; love the rollicking rhythm and attitude!
ReplyDeleteWe've still got two weeks of school after this one, it's definitely starting to feel like te end of the year, but not soon enough! And...please only throw that copy of Strunk & White in the lake if it's not a library book, those things are expensive to replace. ;-D
ReplyDeleteLinda, as a member of the We Don't Care Club you shared an amazing poem. Your poem doesn't give a hoot and thus offers a splash into a lake with a fake rake (red marks and all). I love your humor and fun that you proposed in this poem.
ReplyDelete