Thursday, August 15, 2019

Good Tree, Good Memory

Good Poetry Friday Poets

This week's round-up is hosted by inspired teacher poet Christie at Wonderings and Wanderings. Make sure you check out her blog. I always learn something there!

Christie invited us to share a poem about trees. Last week, I shared a poem that Lee Bennett Hopkins posted to the introduction of his lovely website ... and it gave me an idea. 

Inspired by Lee's poem Good Books, Good Times!



Good Tree,
     Good Memory!

Good tree.
Good memory.
Good bird.
good breeze.

Good swing.
good kite.
good shade.
good light.

Good leaves.
Good peek.
Good hide.
Good seek.

Good bird.
Good breeze.
Good tree.
Good memory.

(c) Linda Mitchell

And, I have some sparkle to share with you today. Rebecca Herzog shared this lovely poem for our summer poetry swap based on many of favorite things!



14 comments:


  1. Swap: Rebecca sent you a sparkling swap filled with summer gratitude. I do like what you like Linda.
    Your tree poem: You used a great mentor text to write your new poem that makes me recall hide and seek when I was a child-a memory long forgotten, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever of you to use LBH's poem to inspire your tree poem for this week! Well done! I hope that Rebecca's lovely poem was a true summary of your summer-y days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good trees. Love how you used the form to create rhythmic gratitude poem to trees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, I am feeling some GOOD summer love here between your poem and Rebecca's! What fun, and I know Lee would be honored to have inspired your poem. Thank you for sharing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tree poem Linda, maybe we can coin this poetry form "Good Poem" posthumously by Lee Bennett Hopkins. And a lovely summer's end sparkle swap poem from Rebecca, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your poem made me happy as can be just to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lobe the poem and I like Michelle’s idea about coining this a “Good Poem”. Love your poetry swap.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, I love the way you used Lee's poem as a mentor for your tree poem! Trees are good! And Rebecca's summer thanks poem is perfect. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the way you used LBH's poem as your mentor text! Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done, Linda! I especially love this stanza:

    Good leaves.
    Good peek.
    Good hide.
    Good seek.

    Between your post and Laura's today, I can't wait for next week!

    Thanks for sharing Rebecca's poem, too—it definitely captures all the best feels of the summer. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very fine two-edged poem indeed, Linda! I'm with Michelle on the favorite stanza. Makes me want to try one...and let good be good enough.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of GOOD here in this post! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE the tribute to Lee in this poem, Linda!
    Wonderful wonderful wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Friendly, positive comments and feedback are always welcome here. Please let me know I'm not just whistling in the dark!