Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Grateful for a Gift of Time

 Hello Friends,

     It's been quite an intense first quarter of school. And, I'm away at a second conference this year. It's wonderful to learn with others who also spend their days with a school library as their classroom. 

     I didn't think I'd write a post at all for today until I received unexpected gifts.

Williamsburg, VA


     The first, a perfectly beautiful fall day. Crisp, clear, cool enough for a vest but not cold...perfection. And, the second gift was a bit of time with nothing on my schedule. I decided to walk around. I bought an old-fashioned hot chocolate, found a bench in the sun, and read a delightful book until my phone alarm reminded me it was time to return to the conference center for meetings.

Williamsburg, VA


     What gifts... sweeter by the surprise of them. 

Williamsburg, VA

     I am fortunate. I am grateful. 

     Denise is hosting our Spiritual Thursday round-up at Dare to Care. Thank you, Denise!

8 comments:

  1. The only thing missing was this friend to share it with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The day looks beautiful. I am wondering if the gift included warmer weather than here. Conferences are so stimulating. The gift of time is such a sweet one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, the photos are gorgeous. I love the way you describe the day's weather--"cool enough for a vest but not cold...perfection." Yes, I can just feel it as I sit there with you. So glad you were given these gifts on this glad day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, I grew up near Williamsburg and have always been inspired by it. Glorious photos of a glorious setting! It's the perfect time to go there, walk, and recall the many blessings one's been given. In fact - I am filled with longing to return now! I have a sister-in-law near there, so... may be time to visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect weather and the time to enjoy it outdoors is always something to be grateful for! I was lucky enough to take two days off to spend time alone in nature at the beginning of this week--though I came right home to participate in an online librarians' webinar. The lifelong learning of library work...glad we can share our experiences, as "fringe" teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are beautiful, especially the second one with all the curved ines and the beautiful tree and the red gate and the shadows on the brick wall. It fills me with delight. I envy you with the hot chocolate and a book on the bench. Sounds like a wonderful diversion! Glad you shared with us.

    ReplyDelete

Friendly, positive comments and feedback are always welcome here. Please let me know I'm not just whistling in the dark!