Thursday, May 18, 2023

I imagine me...

Hello, hello, hello!

It's Poetry Friday, friends. Thank you to Janice at Salt City Verse for hosting our round-up. Please pop over to see her wonderful words and add yours to the mix.

I may need to write a definito, a form invented by Heidi Mordhorst, for the word perseverate. I have been perseverating on the triolet form these days.  Gosh, I love writing them.

Last week, Laura Purdie Salas included this prompt with her poem.



My notebook is full of fits and starts...but I like this triolet.




Please pretend to be surprised by a double triolet on the WORD padlet today. https://padlet.com/mitchellhubeimom/word-bwfgg0bqmjhf62fd/wish/2596051180

11 comments:

  1. I love triolet, and the words “I imagine me” are the perfect ones to start off a triolet given the repetitive nature of it. “Toes tickled” and “Salty air a tasty treat” are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep going with the triolets, Linda! I am the me in your poem today (rambling along a beach!). xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, thank you for such lovely images as I begin may day. I love writing a triolet, too and yours blends perfectly with the repetition of waves coming in and going out. The double triolet on your padlet was particularly meaningful to me as my daughter-in-law to be is visiting and we were trying out Chinese phrases, English and Chinese so different in sound. Nice work. These poems are quite lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, I love a beach scene so your choice of topics for your triolet puts me in a beachy mood. Oh, to be at the Long Island shore! Toes dipped in sand and a proper amount of light-I can smell the sea air. Yes, your triolet sends my mind wandering and Word is growing on your padlet. I like catching up with your thoughts each Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I want to 'imagine me', too, Linda, on this cloudy & cold day! You've made me smile today with "hair frothed by the breeze". If only wishing would make it so!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy beach rambling. Enjoyed both your poems this week, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to imagine me on that beach! So much joy in your triolet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love "frothed by the breeze." I'm really hoping you can get to the beach soon. Only a few more days (weeks)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this line: "toes tickled by the sea"

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your imaginings, Linda! Hope your toes will be "tickled by the sea" soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like so many others, I love the line, "hair frothed by the breeze"! I imagine me heading over to the padlet now and I imagine me surprised. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Friendly, positive comments and feedback are always welcome here. Please let me know I'm not just whistling in the dark!