Thursday, September 28, 2023

Double Dactyl Giggles

Hello Poets!

I had fun reading Tracy Kiff-Judson's double dactyls last Friday. 

This week, as I was perusing Pinterest, this graphic of the best words popped up in my feed. 

Double Dactyl form and some great words


How could I resist such fun words and then try to poem? I had to give writing double dactyls a try:

Linda's double dactyl giggles 9/29/23


Thank you, Jama, for hosting our Poetry Friday fun at your Alphabet Soup. I find so many good ideas from you there!

***

Last week, Irene Latham reminded us that there are just 14 weeks left of our year. Oh, my goodness...WORD and I were shocked. We've been having so much fun. But also, I am at that point in my OLW '23 that WORD is chasing me rather than me looking for it! 

Wouldn't you know, this week WORD caught me with this facebook photo. It's posted by one of my favorite paper crafters, Jennifer Collier (that's her typewriter made entirely of old papers). 

And, look! A list of artists that use text in their art. That's 14+ additional sources of art to find WORD. The first play session is on this week's padlet. Take a peek.




9 comments:

  1. Double dactyls are fun! I love the word list you shared and you used it to great effect. "Canoodle a poodle" reminds me of a doodling poodle poem that I think Amy LVW wrote long ago. Such fun sounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What’s this Tomfoolery? Why the hullabaloo? I just had to those in. Ok, no more lollygagging. I love the word list that you found. They are indeed corking good words! Your dactyls are adorable. Funny thing – I once wrote a poem about a woman and her prized poodle, and I misused the word "canoodle" to mean “nap.” A friend read the poem and laughed hysterically as she clued me in that the woman and her poodle were doing more than napping. Ah, live and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some fun double dactyl riddles! Those are some fun words. You can't be a flibbertigibbet to draw these sweet poems out! So many fun sounds "Snarky Malarky" and "humor in rumors" and "canoodle a poodle" -- so fun to read aloud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How bout that?! I love that you have some new WORD resources to carry you through the next weeks...and it's fun to see your sense of humor come out in your poems...lovely, funny Linda! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. New words found, glad to know, Linda. And your double dactyls are great, pups & teens make us smile! I love the "snarky malarkey"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much fun!! I LOVE the canoodle a poodle and snarky malarkey! Great list of best words. I like seeing text in art too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are brilliant! I love seeing where your inspirations take your writing and art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your double dactyls are so much fun to read, especially "Canoodle a poodle"! Love the list of best words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda, I finally got here after a full weekend that I devoted to family. I enjoyed your double dactytls that are marvelous. The paper artwork is so creative and amazingly rendered. Word and you are such great companions. Your newest padlet poem is a great example of your relationship. Have fun with all the fun words you can harvest this season.

    ReplyDelete

Friendly, positive comments and feedback are always welcome here. Please let me know I'm not just whistling in the dark!