Wednesday, September 6, 2023

September's Grace & Butterfly People

Hello,

Thank you, Patricia, for giving us some time to think about your wonderful prompt, life at the speed of grace. This past weekend was four days long for me...and, I consider that a bit of grace.

School has started with students, and so far, so good. My colleagues and I are pleased with the very normal kid stuff our sixth graders are showing and familiar with the 7th and 8th graders still working out how they will navigate middle school.

Happy September Dance Linda Mitchell 

I entered the holiday weekend with a long to-do list as I usually do. And, I made sure I had time for writing and art.  I can lose myself in both these activities. I forget to be aware of time and enjoy the process of typing words, erasing, fixing, typing more words as well as cutting, gluing, and layering re-cycled paper into new things...and then find a sink full of dishes I meant to wash. Ha!

Bon Voyage. Linda Mitchell


I allowed myself time to make whatever came to mind...I allowed myself to play! I've started a new steampunk-themed junk journal and lots of butterfly people.

Butterfly people make me happy. I make them for cards and journals and just for fun. 

Nice Day for a Ride. Linda Mitchell

These butterfly people cards are for my Dad's generation of family. I tucked photos from our July family reunion into them and sent them off by snail mail--sharing grace time with them and now you.

Happy September! If you are a grandparent, September 10th is Grandparent's Day. I'm so lucky to have known my grandparents and carry them in my heart. I think of them often as I upcycle bits of old books that were around when they were. It's another bit of grace for me.

Cheering for Autumn. Linda Mitchell


9 comments:

  1. I LOVE your butterfly people. 💕 🦋 Also, I love hearing about carrying grandparents in your heart. Me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, the grace of time is something we don't always give ourselves. We feel that we should be doing from the time we get up until we go to bed. Yet, how can we be what others expect us to be if we don't take time out for ourselves? You have given yourself the grace of time to write and create this recharging yourself so that you can do what needs to be done for others. Love your butterfly people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, allowing yourself to slow down and make time for yourself and play with your passions, art and poetry. If we allow life to move at the speed of grace like you have done, we will mindfully continue our spiritual journey. Grace abides within your space. Joyful play time has allowed you to create delightful collage art like cheering for Autumn. I am always amazed at your artwork and realized that the slow-down has been a benefit. May you continue to "BE" in the moment as your creativity flows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, when I worked with young children, anytime they could "busy-the-hands" they would drop into long periods of reflection and their responses might come in the form of art or song or, incredibly - extended periods of stillness and silence. And they appears joyfully at peace. I think you experience this in your own way, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, I love your butterfly people, and even as I read this post, I was looking at my very own butterfly woman--a sad woman who reminds me to do "more life / less rush." I'm so very glad you are having a good beginning to your year AND that you are continuing to take time to create--write and artwork! I can so relate to looking up from something rewarding and engaging and seeing a sink full of dirty dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, I love your butterfly people. A four day weekend calls for celebration AND creation. The results of your grace time are exquisite and I'm sure they'll be appreciated by those who receive them.
    Glad your school year has started well. I'm a retired middle school teacher and people are always amazed that I liked spending time with sixth graders.
    I think my favorite butterfly person is Cheering for Autumn! Happy fall (it's my favorite season).

    ReplyDelete
  7. The graceful butterfly dances throughout your cards is a wonderful theme! There is such grace in getting lost in the act of creation, isn't there? The feeling of being right where you need to be, caught up in the flow, when time is irrelevant. Your images made me smile today; thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. On a different note, if you ever find yourself in need of resources to enhance your creative journey or perhaps seeking inspiration in unexpected places, I recently discovered a website called "cash app barcode to load money at 7-eleven."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog post about "September's Grace: Butterfly People" is truly poetic and thought-provoking. The way you weave words to paint pictures of moments and emotions is truly an art. It's evident that your writing comes from a place of deep reflection and grace.
    jobs for 10 year olds

    ReplyDelete

Friendly, positive comments and feedback are always welcome here. Please let me know I'm not just whistling in the dark!