Friday, March 22, 2024

Wheeeeee! Spring Break & Bless Our Pets

Hello Spring Break!

You're finally here. Let's go out into the beautiful world and enjoy some time together.

One thing I plan on doing while on break is reading Bless Our Pets. Poems of Gratitude for our animal friends (Eerdmans Books for Young Readers. 2024), one of the last books edited by Lee Bennett Hopkins before his passing.

A first perusal highlights Poetry Friday friends. I especially enjoy Sarah Grace Tuttle's, Hoping Hampster.

Lita Judge's spring-toned creamy watercolors bring to mind times when I was a young girl snuggled up and reading with my mother. Bless Our Pets has a look,and feel perfect for anyone's Easter basket, Passover host/hostess gift or Eid-al-Fitr reading. And, if you are part of a congregation that holds pet blessings, as mine does, it belongs in the hands of the celebrants. 

I am grateful to Eerdmans Press for reaching out and asking if I'd like a copy to review. This book feels like a hug from all the pets of my past that I have loved.

As I leave school today and pack up for visits with family, Bless Our Pets is going with me. I know just the right little people to bless with this book. 



Thank you, Rose at the Imagine the Possibilities for hosting our round-up this week. 

There's new poem on the padlet today sparked by Jama's Tuesday post. 

10 comments:

  1. Yay for spring break! And you are so right about BLESS OUR PETS being a great book to tuck into an Easter basket. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just received this book from the publisher and look forward to digging in. Enjoy your spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Spring Break, Linda! Hope it's filled with joyful visits wherever you go, and a lot of special reading from that book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twice in one roundup! I'm definitely going to have to get my hands on a copy of this book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that painting, I saw it on Jama’s Tuesday post too, I do like your “soft ears pink noses” April haiku! Lee Bennett Hopkins’ book looks delightful, I‘ll have to look for it! Enjoy your break, mine is over today, wish it were a week longer… Thanks Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful spring break, Linda! It is lovely that your congregation does pet blessings! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for your kind words-- and for sharing Bless Our Pets with readers in your life! I hope your family visits are joyous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, enjoy your spring break, Linda! I have been loving reading about Bless Our Pets, and you have made some great gift idea suggestions. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda, enjoy, ENJOY your break! I know you need it, and I agree--this book looks positively designed as a gift book, maybe especially for grandparents to gift their littles? Thanks for the preview!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm definitely going to need to check out this book. I'm late to read and comment (my March theme!), but I hope you 100% enjoyed every minute of your well-deserved break, Linda.

    ReplyDelete

Friendly, positive comments and feedback are always welcome here. Please let me know I'm not just whistling in the dark!