Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Slice of Life 3/14/17

On Saturday, three teen book lovers and I took a tiny road trip to the Northern Virginia Teen Book Festival. It was wonderful. We saw wonderful new and well-established authors, got the inside scoop on some of the stories and tips for writing.

A bonus for me was seeing and getting to catch up with my friend, Rachelle. Rachelle and I have only met one other time in person. We keep up mainly on social media. But, she was headed to a break-out session and asked if I were going. Of course, I said and followed her to the room not having any idea what the session was about.

I was pleasantly surprised to learn that the session was "speed dating" for teachers and librarians and YA authors. It was SO MUCH FUN!

We teachers and, librarians sat at tables and every five minutes an author would sit down and talk a little bit about their book(s). I got to ask questions about school visits, how to get my reluctant readers into their books and other books and where their story ideas came from.

Following my friend to that break-out session was the best little surprise Slice-of-Life I could have asked for.

I can heartily recommend these authors not only for fabulous books...but as terrific people that I hope to be able to introduce my students to.

Christina June ...It's Started With Goodbye
Jodi Meadows...My Lady Jane
Martina Boone...Compulsion series
Lisa Maxwell...Unhooked

I wish you an unexpected pleasant surprise today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Friendly, positive comments and feedback are always welcome here. Please let me know I'm not just whistling in the dark!