Tuesday, April 1, 2025

April's Kidlitosphere Progressive Poem Begins

Hello April Poets,

Welcome to our 2025 Kidlit Progressive Poem. Thank you, Margaret Simon, at Reflections on the Teche for hosting this year's Progressive Poem. 



What is a progressive poem? It's a poem that grows line by line each day of April during National Poetry Month. Each line is composed by a different author so that after today, twenty nine more poets will add their words to our collaborative children's poem.

See past years progressive poems here

There are just a couple of days still open for a poet to sign up to add a line. If you would like to do so, please visit Margaret at this link. Let her know which of those dates you'd like to take in the comments section of the blog post. Easy peasy! Everyone is most welcome to play along. 


Without further ado, I give you line 1.


Open an April window


Take it away, Tricia!

April 2      Tricia        
April 3      Robyn        
April 4      Donna        
April 5      Denise        
April 6      Buffy
April 7      Jone
April 8      Janice
April 9      Tabatha
April 10    Marcie
April 11    Rose
April 12    
April 13    Cathy
April 14    Janet
April 15    Carol V.
April 16    Amy
April 17    
April 18    Margaret
April 19    Ramona
April 20    Mary Lee
April 21    Tanita
April 22    Patricia
April 23    Ruth
April 24    Linda K.T.
April 25    Heidi
April 26    Michelle
April 27    Linda B.
April 28
April 29
April 30

 

If you'd like to keep up with the Poetry Month projects of many of these poets, visit Jama's Alphabet's Soup for a summary of how they are celebrating and creating this month.

Spring 1 by Dohae Kim at the Workhouse Arts Center 3/25



12 comments:

  1. What a great opening line, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking on the responsibility of the first line. I love the idea of opening an April window. I look forward to seeing where it takes us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An open window--a perfect place to begin. Anything could be out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the shortness, the action, and the second person perspective. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm I commented yesterday but alas, it is not here. Linda, I think your line is the perfect opening for a flourishing poem to grow. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific first Line Linda!!! So inviting, and I just wrote a poem about Spring Rain and a windowpane. πŸŒ·πŸ¦‹πŸŒΌπŸžπŸ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here is my frightfully late comment on your starting line:
    Open - so welcoming!
    an April - sets the scene
    window - calls up widening perspectives, fresh air, a long view
    AND you've set up a bouncy rhythm!
    Thanks, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, your opening to the Kidlit Progressive Poem shares the wonder of the opening of spring in such a few words. PS: thank you for your lovely National Poetry Month postcard. I shall place it in a central location for neighbors who stop by.

    ReplyDelete

Friendly, positive comments and feedback are always welcome here. Please let me know I'm not just whistling in the dark!