Thursday, April 27, 2023

I Gave My Friend a Feather

Hooray for Friday!

I've been book fair-ing all week including a huge community night on Thursday. It's been fun. I aim to get outside and soak up some sunshine and fresh air to charge my batteries starting now!

Ruth is our generous host for this week's round-up of poetry goodness. I've always loved the title of her blog, There is no such thing as a God-Forsaken Town. I'll bet it has a great origin story.

The poem below is for Ruth. I'm intrigued with her selection of 'feather' as her O-L-W for 2023. I so enjoy it when she shares how it shows up for her. And, I especially love when she shares those experiences with us.



WORD has a new poem. This one is inspired by an Ethical ELA prompt to write side-by-side American and Didactic cinquains.
https://padlet.com/mitchellhubeimom/word-bwfgg0bqmjhf62fd/wish/2570115920 

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

18 comments:

  1. A feather triolet sent by hawk - lucky Ruth to be the recipient of such a lovely poem.
    I had no idea that feather letters were a thing, but what a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this, Linda. Could there be a better present from a friend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely light and joyful poem and gift for a friend. So interesting the feather letter. Delightful post, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love hearing about the 'feather' letters, Linda, & it is a really special gift you sent to Ruth! Glad you've had a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely poem for Ruth! A gift of a feather, wrapped in a poem. Perfect! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, Linda, what a sweet poem. The rhyme scheme is delightful, and I love what you shared about Sweden's feather letters. Sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A week of book fair-ing sounds delightful. As is your feather letter to Ruth! I've never tried the triolet form.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The poem is a delight. I think triolets are so hard, but yours works so well. I am totally fascinated by the idea of feather letters! You share the coolest information!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda, Your feather letter gift is a treasure. Thank you for sharing it with us! I love feathers and often find a way to incorporate one into my jewelry (not real feathers). I don't think I've tried a triolet before. I'll have to look into how to write one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thanked you on the roundup, but thank you here too! What a beautiful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "then sent it off by hawk"--maybe that would get it to Kampala faster than the USPS! Lovely info to know and lovely triolet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this so much. I think this form fits you well. And that letter with the feather on it is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sent it off by hawk! That line makes this whole poem. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love the entire gesture of sending a feather to a friend - Ms. Emily's hope!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that you sent the letter by hawk! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Linda, I apologize for the late response to your feather letter. I never heard about this type of letter. Oh, to have hawks deliver our thoughts is splendid.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore all the rhyme in this, Linda. How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Friendly, positive comments and feedback are always welcome here. Please let me know I'm not just whistling in the dark!